Chris and Fiona’s suggestions
* Quietly tread into our Bilberry Wood a very special atmosphere, total peace and quiet, crossbills all year round as well as Red Squirrels - 2016!
* Wellies on and down to the River hide with a bottle of wine and binoculars. Sit and listen to bird songs and the river in all its moods.
* Lie down on a clear night in our Front Meadow and gaze up at the darkest of skies, be lucky and see a shooting star to complete the spectacle.
* Stroll down to the foot of Hawes High Street, stand on the bridge and see the awesome waterfall, it takes your breath away on a rainy day.
* Hawes Market Day every Tuesday, great to chat to the locals on the stalls whilst choosing the best fish and veg.
* Visit the livestock market on the road out to Bainbridge - a step back in time.
* Amble down to The George Inn on a Summer evening and 'chew the fat' with Ed and Jackie and George the dog over a great pint (and scrummy grub)
* Walk to The White Lion from Nethergill, with special views down the dale. Watch the clouds cast shadows on the tops of the hills and the intense light, an artists delight!
* Cream tea at Berrys Farm shop, Swinton, Wensleydale Creamery, hot chocolate at West Winds Tea shop, Buckden and scrummy homemade lunches and teas at family run Firebox cafe in Hawes (at Dales Countryside Museum)
For more ideas visit the Dales Discoveries website here.
Throughout the year there are many shows and festivals in and around the local area. Please contact us for more details so you can base your stay around one of these events.
Shows and Festivals 2017
June 3/4 and 10/11 - 2017 North Yorkshire Open Studios (Art Festival)
May 27 - 10 June 2017 Swaledale Festival, Music arts and walking
July 11-13 2017 Great Yorkshire Show, Harrogate
September 25 2017 Nidderdale Show, Pateley Bridge
September 2017 Hardraw Brass Band Concert, date to be confirmed
We will be happy to host a rural craft weekend break for up to 6 people.
Please ring or email email@example.com for more details on any of the above.
If you would like to receive regular news updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 - Natural energy Fitness Courses - for more details click here.