Byre - Sleeps 4
Part of an original stone barn built in 1871 with cowshed (or shippon) below, Nethergill Byre has been sympathetically converted into a comfortable, quirky hayloft on 3 levels. Many of the original beams are still in situ and the windows look out over woodland, fell, cobbled yard, and farmyard.
Read what others have said about their stay.
Take a virtual tour here
Children of 4 years and over are welcome. One well behaved dog welcome. Strictly no smoking.
At a glance:
- Downstairs lobby area with WC and washing machine.
- Winding stone steps to landing area, into sitting room/dining room. TV, DVD and wood burning stove.
- Kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- Byre Lower bedroom (chicken room), north east aspect twin bedded with en suite bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Byre Upper bedroom, double room with king size bed and overhead beams. En suite bathroom with bath and shower over. Hairdryer.
- Free superfast broadband through Wifi
- Starter packs of tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, toilet rolls, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, one log basket full of logs. Luxury bedding and towels.
Check prices and availability
Byre lower bedroom (Chicken Room)
Simple and comfortable with twin beds, with luxury feather and down filled duvets, crisp white bedding and soft fluffy towels. Large picture window overlooking the cobbled yard, cattle sheds, chicken house and hay meadow up the hill. Black Grouse can sometimes be seen from this window gathering at the top of the hay meadow. Down three steps to en suite bathroom with bath and shower over.
Byre upper bedroom
A large double bedroom with luxurious king size bed, en suite bathroom with bath and shower over. Full of character with original beams and high ceilings. Luxury feather and down filled duvet and pillows with soft fluffy white towels.
Kitchen and sitting/dining room
Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, freezer and microwave situated off the sitting room area. Sitting/dining room with a cosy wood burning stove and TV, DVD player.
- Both Haylofts are on 3 levels. Due to the nature of the old barn there are numerous stone steps, nooks and crannies so care must be taken with young children (minimum age 4 years) and elderly.
- We operate a recycling policy whenever possible, all kitchen waste is separated for composting.
- One well behaved dog welcome in Hay Mew and Byre. We request no dogs in bedrooms. All dogs to be kept on leads around the farm at all times due to free ranging chickens and sheep.
- No smoking anywhere on the premises.
- Please remember to take out holiday insurance.
- Nethergill Farm is licenced to sell alcohol